Monday, November 26, 2012

An Ode to Asparagus

Asparagus, asparagus, how I love thee
You are so delicious, oh me, oh my, wow-we
But why, oh why do you hate CutiePie?
Are you just trying to make me cry?
All that smelly vomit all over my chair
It didn't smell any better when it got in her hair.
Or how about that horrible red diaper rash?
Is it just that you and her do not mash?
So until a new day, my sweet veggie of green.
When the breastfeeding is done you know what that means -
We can be reunited again you sweet little tree
And rekindle our love, asparagus and me.


Okay, so maybe I don't have a future career as a poet.  :)

All-in-all Thanksgiving was a super happy great holiday.  Our travel plans ended up being cancelled because CutiePie's daddy had to work, but we had a wonderful weekend with my side of the family instead.  CutiePie was the center of attention and I think she ended up eating her weight in cheese (cheese and crackers are the snacks of choice with my family!).  However, on Friday we sat down to a absolutly delicious steak dinner cooked by my grandmother complete with my favorite veggie - asparagus.  I don't eat it very often (mostly because I have no clue how to cook it!) and I kinda pigged out on it.  I even gave CutiePie a spear to play with.  She didn't eat it  (no surprise) but she did lick it a couple times.  Honestly, I didn't even really think much about it.  She has done fine with every other green veggie we tried, and I didn't think she'd eat it anyway but Friday night she was up ALL night screaming.  By Saturday morning she had the worst acid poo diaper rash I've ever seen and about 90 minutes after having a bottle of my milk Saturday afternoon the vomiting started.  The only thing we could think it may have been was the asparagus.  There hasn't been anything new in either of our diets.  At first I thought it might be the return of the stomach bug, but she vomited for 15ish minutes, emptying her stomach and then she was fine.  Nothing else.  Have I mentioned how much I hate the smell of vomit? And let me clue you in on a little secret.  They say asparagus makes your pee smell funny, but I would argue that it makes vomit smell worse too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment