Sunday, February 26, 2012

He won - like always.

God, that is.  He won the argument and I went to church this morning. 

I left church feeling renewed and challenged and refreshed.  Talk about an amazing service.  I go to a pretty spirit-filled church.  It's not uncommon to hear someone speaking out in tongues or speaking words from God.  Today a man stood up and talked about how God sent His son for us.  HIS CHILD.  As I help my sleeping Cutie Pie in my arms I started to cry.  All I could think about was how He watched His child grow and develop.  His first steps.  First words.  First carpentry attempt.  Watched him play with his childhood friends.  And the whole time God knew he was destined to be tortured and killed.  Can you imagine that?  Really puts things in perspective.  Yes, I know my daughter may not be able to eat Cheerios or pizza or french fries.  She won't have a birthday cake at her first birthday.  But you know what?  She will have a birthday.  She will have LOTS of birthdays because I will do everything in my power to keep her healthy and happy.  When I look at her I can imagine her future as a doctor or an astronaut or a race car driver.  She will grow up.  Have kids of her own.  She will have friends and lovers.  She will live long enough to experience her first love, first heartbreak.  She will live. 

I am humbled by the responsibility God has given to me in this little Cutie Pie.  She needs a little extra love, a little extra attention.  And I will give her every ounce that I can. 

Proverbs 27:17
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." 

Man, I'm gonna be one sharp momma after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment