Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ONE THOUSAND

My blog hit 1,000 views today.  I cannot believe it.  ONE THOUSAND people have looked at this blog.  My online rants and raves and whining and fears have been read.  By strangers.  A lot.  Thank you!

Tonight was our church's women's ministry meeting.  It is just about one of my favorite nights of the month.  My husband comes home from work on time and I get to go sit with a group of other like-minded moms and talk and laugh and pray and just feel normal.  No one asks about FPIES.  People talk to me because they want to know about ME and not just about my kids.  It is amazing to feel like a human being instead of just being Cutie Pie or Big Brother's mom.  Doesn't happen very often.  You know?

Our lesson today was about being grateful.  So often (and I am soooo guilty of this!) we complain and we whine about problems without being grateful for the bigger things.  Of course my mind went straight to FPIES.  I hate FPIES.  I have even posted about being mad at God over it.  But you know what?  I often forget that I have a beautiful, sweet, loving, smart little girl in my arms.  She may spend a lot of time being sick, but she is my beautiful Cutie Pie.  Mine.  God gave me a HUGE blessing when he gave her to me.  Six years ago I didn't think I would ever be a mom at all.  My doctors told me I had a hormone imbalance and suspected I might have something called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.  She told me it wasn't a huge deal, but it did usually cause problems getting pregnant so when it came time for me to want children I may have difficulty.  Considering I was 22 at the time, not married, and had no desire to have children anytime soon, she didn't think it was a big deal.  But I did.  I was terrified from that moment that I wouldn't live my life dream to be a mommy.  I always knew being a mom was my heart's desire and God had promised me to be the mom of many.  And you know what?  He followed through.  Neither of my children were hard to conceive.  I have been blessed.  And I am so grateful that He has given me these babies.  Doesn't make FPIES any easier to deal with, but I'd much rather have kids with issues than no kids at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment