Monday, March 12, 2012

Goodbye, Corn.

I will miss you a lot yummy fake-buttery Target popcorn.  Tortilla chips and guacamole.  Fritos.  Yummmm.  

I think Cutie Pie is reacting to corn in my diet now.  Early on in this FPIES game I suspected corn might be a problem but was never sure and (selfishly) didn't want to cut it out of my diet unnecessarily.  Corn is in everything.  But she was doing so well with no dairy or soy in my diet - poops weren't mucusy, great mood, sleeping well.  Then yesterday I had some chips and salsa.  I'll be honest, I pretty much gorged myself on them because they tasted so good.  About an hour later I pumped, and an hour after that she ate it.  About three hours after that was the grossest diaper ever.  GLOBS of mucus.  And the smell was enough to make me gag, which takes a lot.  Poor kid.  But then a little while later she was acting funny and felt really warm - yep.  Her first fever ever.  103.3.  Luckily I had some tylenol on hand - unluckily it contains corn.  Even more unluckily is that daddy is away on a business trip so I had to load the kids up in the car and run to Kroger to get some Motrin (no corn).  It brought her fever down a little bit, but it was back up to 102 by the morning.  ::sigh::  So now I have no clue if the diaper was due to a food reaction or from whatever bug she is battling.  The only way I can really test my theory is to cut corn out of my diet and see if she improves again.  Then maybe in a few weeks if she is doing well I can try to add it back in and watch what happens.  

I hate this!  Grrrr


No comments:

Post a Comment