Friday, March 2, 2012

Goodbye, Soy.

Dairy has been out for a while now, but Cutie Pie's dirty diapers still look like her butt sneezed into it (completely gross and TMI, I know) so now it's time to cut out soy as well.  I was going to wait until after this weekend because we were SUPPOSED to be on vacation right now, but no vacation = no soy a couple days earlier.  I'm bummed.  And hungry.  And I have NO clue what I am supposed to eat now.  Have you ever looked at food labels and seen how many things contain soy!?!  It's just downright depressing.  I joked with my husband that I'm just going to eat steak for every meal.  I was only half kidding...

In other news, Cutie Pie's chiropractor visit was interesting to say the least.  I told him about why we were there and he asked like a million questions about FPIES.  Then he aligned her spine.  It was pretty interesting and he SAID the areas in her spine that were out of place did in fact connect to her digestive tract as well as her breathing.  However, it seemed like he could be making it all up for all I know.  She did have a major powerful poop about an hour later though and was in a GREAT mood all afternoon.  She even took a 3 1/2 hour nap.  That is unheard of for her!  But then by last night she was back to her normal I only want to be held and be grumpy and not sleep self.  He wants to see her 3x a week for a couple weeks to make sure her spine stays in line.  I think it sounds like a little bit of over-kill, but at least I feel like I am doing something for her.  No one else can *do* anything.  It sucks spending so much time (and money) on doctor visits, but I feel like I should at least give it an honest try.  Like he said - it's not going to cure her most likely, but we can at least stack the cards in her favor so she will have the best chance at overcoming it and finding her some safe foods.  We'll see how this next week goes....


No comments:

Post a Comment