I stumbled upon a recipe for chocolate chip cookies the other day and it set off an INTENSE craving, so I decided to alter the recipe to make it something I can eat and boy were they delicious!!! So here it is - dairy, soy, rice, oat, corn free cookies:
1 cup Spectrum brand Organic shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 bag Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Cream sugars and shortening until fluffy and smooth.
2. Add milk and vanilla and mix.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients and mix with a big spoon.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Using your hands, roll a small ball of dough, flatten it, and put on a cookie sheet (this helped me avoid the need for cooking spray and/or parchment paper which I didn't have on hand)
6. Bake at 350 for 11 minutes